VISIT REDONKULOUS DESIGNS ONLINE STORE!

Purchase our new releases below or browse our store to shop our full digital collection of Stamps, Scrapbook Papers or Collage Sheets!

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, a mother, and a full time illustrator. I have a son who is 8, and a daughter 5. Drawing & Digital painting is my life, but wish drawing digis was my full time job b/c I get so much satisfaction from it! For now it is a hobby that is mainly for my babies, and my escape from the strict guideline of the lisenced properties I work on in everyday life! I LOVE my day job too. I create small MMO games for major featured films, anything ranging from Dreamworks Madagascar, Ice Age, Tin Tin, or Puss In Boots to projects as small as My Little Pony, Barbie, and Hello Kitty to name a small few. I enjoy painting traditionally and digitally, and there are days where I wish I had four arms so I can do everything! Family comes first for me - life is just too short, so I try to find a happy balance between crafts and my full time career.

Thursday 19 September 2013

A Day of Sadness, A Crazy Month, A Crazy Momma, Need to Craft....

My thoughts and prayers go out to my fellow commuters who were involved in the horrific bus accident that collided with a train yesterday morning, making national news.  It is a very eerie feeling knowing that this is the exact same bus I have taken for the past 9 years as my early morning routine.   Now that I have my daughter in my life, I just started last week, getting off that same bus just before the train tracks to drop her off at our care providers.  If it wasn't for my daughter in my life now, I would,  no doubt, be on that bus.  Chilling, sad, and horrifying.  I can't stop thinking about the "what ifs" and deeply saddened by the familiar faces I saw everyday over the course of 9 years, who were injured or killed.  :(

To say it has been a crazy month, would be an understatement.  I just started back at my full time job. Of course, deadlines were thrown at me within my fist week and I am beyond exhausted after a few late nights.  It is nice seeing everyone at work, but not enjoying my new routine - HA! I have to wake up at 4:30 AM, make lunches for the babies and myself, get the kids dressed, fed, daily journals ready, and out the door to catch 3 buses....if you see a lady running on the sidewalk (I'm not exaggerating here folks), wearing a business suit and pushing a stroller - yep, that's me! LOL!  It is time to invest in a second vehicle for sure before the snow comes, because I can't do this everyday - especially if we get snow! Eeeeek!

As for my loves in my life, they are not adjusting well to the new routine of school and care provider.  Despite getting colds passed around the school and into our home, there has been lots of separation anxiety for everyone - including me! :(   It is getting better for the kids, but it was a fight every morning.  My son's first day of school in junior Kindergarten ended up with him getting "timeout" for pushing a boy and making him cry.  My son told me he was chased by 3 children and they threw pine cones at him. So he pushed one of the boys b/c they "trapped" him. It's tough being 4, didn't ya know?  Ugh! This is not what I envisioned my son's first day of school to be like.  On his 2nd day of school he got another "timeout" for not listening.  Kolby refused to go to school the next day due to the anxiety of his timeouts.  For 2 days we had some warm hearted talks about the T.O's because he was quite upset by them.  After much convincing, he seemed ok with going again...but then on his 3rd day of school, Kolby's bus was hit by a dump-truck!  Luckily he hadn't got on the bus yet.  No injuries to the kids or bus driver, thankfully.  I had to take Kolby to the care providers instead of school, and was an hour late for my second day of work - ugh!  The next day we spoke with his teachers about the T.O's and how he was super happy and excited to go to school, but now he says he hates it. They admitted they didn't see what happened with Kolby and the young boy, but saw the boy on the ground crying.  I'm not saying my son is innocent, but I at least wish they knew the full story before dishing out the TO's.  More discussions took place about keeping his hands to himself, and tell a teacher if kids are being mean to him.  Everything has settled today.  Kolby hasn't had a T.O. for a while now and he has been rewarded for being so good.  My mind is at ease knowing that he is happy at school now. He has several new friends he speaks of. He even told me that he loves a girl named Katie and wants to protect her like his sister. Bless his sweet little heart! ♥

To top off my week, my website for my store went down for a few days because my web host had technical difficulties.  Completely out of my control.  It's up and running now.  Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you once again to those of you who reported the issue to me!  xoxo  Hoping Friday is a good day for me; praying that I won't have homework so I can get my craft on.  I've got a half finished digi on hold.  Sadly, I already know I will be spending most of my time installing the latest programs from work.  Gotta keep my home computer updated.  I also want to  make time this weekend to place a rose at each bus stop, and visit the crash site...

Hope everyone is well and have time to stop in and say hi. I miss you guys!    :)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Sending hugs from the uk and prayers for all involed. Xxx wouldn't that make a great digi- a mummy in business suit and stroller rushing down the street!

Kate said...

Sending Hugs. I have 4 little one's so I know what it feels like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...